Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stuff is stuff, but stuff with fins is cool!

I got these pix from Shovelhead Steve over on the Horse Board. Haven't had time to go looking for any pix of other stuff I want to do yet. I'll keep posting pix as I come by them.

 This first cover is super sweet! Would be a bit high in price due to the machine work involved, allthough I'm sure it would be less than a like new old cover from the 70s.

 I'm gonna be making split rocker boxes for bouth Ironheads and Shovelheads. The time it took me to split the rocker boxes on my Ironhead was just crazy! A cast part would be much easier to do and take only about 1/10th the man hours to complete.

 Who dont like War Bird taillights on their chopper?
I'm gonna check into casting the lenses after I have been doing this for a while. Glass would be king bird!

Fins, fins, and more fins!

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff!! I just loved "Hot & Cold Metals" class back in high school. I still have some of the pieces that I cast. Good luck on this adventure and keep up the cool postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested in some Ironhead rocker boxes. Let me know if and when you get these in production.
    james_p_thomas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete